About the Club
TARC holds regular activities every month for the club members and hosts numerous open events – we offer something for everyone, and their horse!
Also, share details and get updates on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/247571205284203/
We hope that you come along and enjoy our activities even if you haven’t tried that type of riding before. The aim is to involve everyone, and to ensure people have a fun and safe time riding. If you think you and your horse might not be up to an activity just come along and watch, or ring the contact person and discuss it with them. You might be surprised how easy some of our activities are to become involved in.
Club Days are held regularly at Kambah Pony Club, Hake Street, Kambah. These days are arranged for relaxed club practice or training. They give club members a chance to socialise with each other and with their horses. We have a variety of activities on these days, and more information can be obtained by ringing the contact person about the day or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Sometimes we have small club member only competitions catering for all levels of riders.
These are arranged throughout the year with a variety of coaches. We offer dressage, showing, jumping, problem solving and natural horsemanship clinics for our members with a variety of accredited coaches. These days are organized well in advance, and numbers are often limited. Bookings for places are taken on a “first in” basis in most cases.
We hold regular club camps through the year which are enjoyed by all who attend. All TARC members are welcome to attend. The camps are a wonderful social event giving people the opportunity to spend a few days away with their horses.
Open Competition are held a number of times a year. These competition days can be a variety of formats.
• Our casual dressage day always achieves a high turnout and the Club has received a lot of positive feedback in regard to the quality of the judges and outstanding organisation of this event.
• Our casual gymkhana is another event which is always well attended. This is a fantastic outing for green horses or riders or even the more experienced hacky can take a break from the serious comps and have some fun.
• TREC is back for another year. TREC is a new sport originating from France and has an orienteering component, control of paces component and an obstacle course. This competition is a great day out with the focus being on having fun more than facing monstrous challenges.
• Our Total Wimps ODE will be run as an open competition this year. This event has been held as a members only competition and is now being offered as an open event due to the tremendous amount of interest being shown by other clubs. This “competition” is such a great day out and caters for true total wimps (poles on the ground) to the real eventing dare devils (these people might canter).
The aim of our club is to have fun. With this in mind, club members get together periodically throughout the year for social events such as club dinners, video nights and information sessions. They are always a lot of fun. One of our favourite social events each year is a dinner to celebrate our horses’ birthday – held in Aug each year.
The club day details and activities schedules are emailed to members so they know what events are happening. These are also advertised on our Calendar page and on Facebook.
In a nutshell
TARC membership totals around 90 people and like all clubs, some of those members are unable to attend club days, meetings and events due to other commitments. However, our club still manages to run an astounding amount of activities each year which is due to the dedication of our committee members and all the great volunteers who give their time to support our club. The committee meets monthly and all members are welcome to participate. Our membership is $50, with each club day costing $30.
Thanks to the tireless efforts of all our volunteers, in 2014 we are planning:
• 4 open events
• at least 6 club days
• a number of member only clinics with highly qualified (and sought after) instructors
• and a weekend club camp